Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Area of a Triangle - Smart Boards Notebook lesson
Finding the Area of a Triangle
File type: SMART Notebook lesson
Grade: Grade 5, Grade 6
Finding the Area Formula of a Triangle
Giving the Area of a Parallelogram
1) Ask pupil to create problems about finding the area of a parallelogram.
2) Teacher call the first player to read the problem he/she prepared. After reading he/she call one of his/her classmate to answer his/her problem.
3) If the answer is correct, the pupil gets a point, it's hi/her turn to call anyone to answer the question he/she prepared.
2. The formula in finding the area of a parallelogram. Area of a Parallelogram = Base x Height
3. A triangle is 2 of a parallelogram; therefore the formula in
finding the area of a triangle is to divide the product of the base and the height by 2.
Area of a Parallelogram - A=bh
Area of a Triangle - A= 1/2 bh or bh/2